Experienced and Professional Cosmetic Dentistry in Lawrence, KS
Our cosmetic dental services include one-day treatments to full smile makeovers that can completely change your appearance. Our goal is to ensure that you have a healthy smile, both inside and out.
The road to cosmetic changes starts with a consultation, where you can discuss your concerns and goals for treatment with Dr. J. Call our Lawrence, KS, team today and get started on creating the smile you’ve always wanted!
CALL US: (707) 553-8008 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Comprehensive Cosmetic Services
You may already know you want to improve your smile but are uncertain of the best procedures needed to get there. Our team can guide you and provide educational videos and informative materials that allow you to learn more about our available procedures, some of which include:
We Make Cosmetic Treatments Easy with Three Sedation Options
Sedation will benefit you if you have a weak gag reflex, dental anxiety, or are undergoing a more complex procedure. IV sedation is administered directly into the vein, so you quickly enter a state of relaxation. You are still conscious for your procedure, but you feel disconnected and relaxed. This option allows you to go through extensive or lengthy procedures comfortably.
Three different methods of are available at our practice, and the method used will depend upon the intensity of your anxiety and the type of treatment needed. Our sedation options include:
Nitrous Oxide Sedation is commonly referred to as “laughing gas.” It’s an excellent option for those who suffer from mild dental anxiety. Nitrous allows you to remain comfortable during treatment but does not put you to sleep.
Oral Conscious Sedation is a prescription pill taken before your appointment. The effects can be mild or moderate, depending on the dosage prescribed. Nitrous oxide and oral conscious sedation are administered without needles.
Intravenous (IV) Sedation allows the sedative to be directly introduced into your system for immediate effect. This method of sedation is beneficial for anyone who is very apprehensive about undergoing extensive treatment. If you receive IV sedation, you will most likely have no recollection of your visit. IV sedation is not the same as general anesthesia, which renders people unconscious. With IV sedation, you are in a twilight state that keeps you from experiencing discomfort, but still in control of your body.
Whiten Your Smile Conveniently with Zoom!
Professional at-home bleaching treatments are an effective way to improve your smile’s appearance in under two weeks. Patients who choose this method enjoy the convenience of whitening at their own pace. An impression of teeth is taken, and patients are sent home with custom trays and whitening gel.
Zoom offers two options to take home. DayWhite® is recommended for slightly stained teeth. The trays are worn for 30 minutes twice a day. NightWhite®, worn overnight, is recommended for more stubborn stains.
In addition to whitening, we also offer more treatments that can drastically improve the way your smile looks, including:
- Cosmetic bonding: By using a tooth-colored composite resin that is skillfully painted onto teeth, we can alter the color, shape, and size of problem teeth. The result is a smile that looks uniform and naturally beautiful.
- Porcelain veneers: These thin laminates are bonded to the fronts of the teeth and can correct the many of the same issues that bonding can. Also, veneers can make teeth appear straighter and are often stronger and longer-lasting for more significant cosmetic restoration cases.
- Tooth reshaping: Also called dental contouring, tooth reshaping involves buffing away a small amount of enamel to alter teeth that are slightly overlapped or irregularly shaped.
- Gum contouring: Using a soft tissue laser, we can remove excess soft tissue from gummy smiles. Your new smile will display a balanced amount of natural tooth enamel and gums.
- Dental Implants: As the standard of care for replacing missing teeth, implants provide superior function, durability, and beauty. A titanium post is placed into the jaw and acts like a natural tooth root, preserving and restoring the bone structure that can be lost after a tooth is removed. A crown is placed on top of the implant and customized to look natural and feel comfortable.
- Crowns & Bridges: A bridge consists of a replacement tooth that is anchored on either side by custom porcelain crowns. Porcelain is a high-quality material that Dr. J used to replicate tooth enamel. Porcelain crowns can protect and repair a highly-damaged tooth, such as one that received root canal treatment.
Using Laser Therapy in Cosmetic Treatments
Lasers provide innovative and precise technology and are the next step up in the evolution of dentistry. Cosmetic procedures can be performed faster, more effectively, and more comfortably with the use of laser dentistry.
Laser dentistry has completely changed many procedures, including the treatment of gum disease. A dental laser can quickly and safely break up the plaque and tartar and inflamed gum tissue from around the root of the tooth. The lasers can kill the bacteria, which cause the disease and infection. Also, using a dental laser for this treatment damages less of the surrounding tissue. Crown lengthening is a popular procedure for balancing the ratio of visible gum tissue and tooth structure.
Other benefits include:
- Reduces the need for anesthesia
- Minimizes post-operative discomfort
- Promotes blood clotting for minimal bleeding
- Lessens the chance of infection as the laser kills bacteria
- Decreases the need for sutures
- Increases tissue regeneration
A Beautiful Smile Starts With Healthy Gums and Preserving Dental Structure
Gum disease targets the soft tissues of the mouth, especially the gums that hold healthy teeth securely in place. When the gum-tissue becomes weakened by infection and inflammation, the tissue will slowly pull away from teeth, exposing the roots to bacteria and decay. Considering the potential health risks of diseased gums, you need to take a proactive approach to your oral health. Whether you need a simple cleaning and checkup, periodontal disease treatment and maintenance, or need to get your gums in good shape for dental implants, Dr. J will provide the most beneficial treatment to enhance your overall oral and general health.
Maintaining optimal oral health is the best way to ensure your smile also looks great. That means that all infection and decay must be removed to preserve your basic dental structure. Root canal therapy can save your tooth and save your tooth from extraction. Removing wisdom teeth helps to prevent shifting of existing teeth alignment and lowers your risk for developing periodontal disease around partially emerged wisdom teeth. Soft tissue around wisdom teeth can be a prime environment for bacteria and debris because this area is hard to keep clean. Removing troubled third molars solves this problem and ensures that you can maintain a healthy smile.
Strong, Natural-Looking Dental Restorations with CEREC®
Quality dental restorations are an essential part of what keeps your smile healthy, strong, and attractive. With CEREC, we can provide natural-looking and durable, all-porcelain dental crowns in one appointment. CEREC technology can also be used to produce veneers, inlays, onlays, and fixed dental bridges. If you have decay, chips, cracks or other damage, we have same day restorations to renew your smile.
JayHawk Dental Can Help Your Smile Stay Healthy and Beautiful
Cosmetic dentistry offers you the opportunity to attain the picture-perfect smile you’ve always wanted. Using high-tech and modern dental procedures, JayHawk Dental in Lawrence, KS, has the experience and skill to create beautiful smiles with natural-looking results. Our staff is friendly, welcoming, and quick to address your concerns. Visit our office today for a comprehensive evaluation.
CALL US: (707) 553-8008 REQUEST APPOINTMENT